The Usual Rules and Regulations
REGULATIONS & ELIGIBILITY. The event is open to any human powered craft which can navigate the course and sign the declaration of seaworthiness. If you are unsure which class you fit in, or if you are eligible, please contact the organisers. The organisers decision on eligibility and category is final.
Race 1. Trinity 500’s SEA CADET CORPS & HOME COUNTY GIGS
Race 2. EGRETS
Race 3. Open ’ CLASSIC & SPIRIT OF TRADITION’ 2 x CLASSES. The race is open to any traditional boat / or traditional styled replica. Fixed seat or sliding seat. Variants will assessed by the raid committee.
Race 4. Paddle boarders (SUPs)
Race 5. Any Bursledon Gig and others deemed suitable to the Race Committee.
Race 6. Mega Gigs, Solent Galleys, Cornish Gigs & Jolly Boats
Race 7. Canoes & Kayaks
All boats must complete an Entry form & self certification of seaworthiness.
( E & SC ) to be signed by skipper / Cox / legally responsible person on registration.
All entries to be insured for both public liability and individual persons.
Any towing will be undertaken at the boat owner’s risk. Boats advised to carry a 10’ bow line suitable for towing.
Crew numbers are open. Crews may freely change positions during the race but outside substitution or assistance is not permitted.
It is recommended that buoyancy aids are worn but left to the discretion of individual skippers or youth leaders.
ENTRY & REGISTRATION AS DETAILED IN ENTRY FORMS IN FOLLOWING PAGES.
- NEW: All entry forms and fees to be paid prior to the event.
- NO ENTRIES TAKEN ON THE DAY
- Check in for registered entrants CLOSES AT 12.00 on the 13th May 2017
- BOAT NUMBERS WILL BE ISSUED ON REGISTRATION.
FINISHING. NEW PLEASE READ AND ABIDE BY,
- BOAT NUMBERS TO BE HELD / DISPLAYED BY ONE CREW MEMBER AND HANDED IN ON SIGNING IN ON FINISHING.
- THOSE BOATS FINISHING ON THE BEACH SHOULD DISCHARGE THEIR RUNNER AND THEN REMOVE THE BOAT FROM THE SHORE FINISHING LINE TO ENSURE OTHERS CAN COMPLETE.
- THOSE BOATS NOT ‘HITTING THE BEACH’ WILL CROSS A LINE DOWNSTREAM OF THE SOUTHERLY END OF THE COUNCIL PONTOON JUST OFF THE BEACH.
AS THE BOAT CROSSES THE FINISHING LINE THE NUMBER IS TO BE HELD ALOFT / DISPLAYED FOR CLEAR IDENTIFICATION BY THE RACE TIME KEEPERS AND THE NUMBER SHOUTED OUT.
THIS LINE IS SOME WAY OFF THE BEACH. THOSE FINISHING AT THIS LINE MUST ENSURE THEY DO NOT BEACH WITHIN THE AREA DESIGNATED FOR BEACH FINISHERS.
- WE ASK THAT EACH COMPETING BOAT NOTATES THE BOAT IMMEDIATELY BEFORE AND AFTER THEM. THIS ASSISTS EVERYBODY TO ENJOY A SUCCESSFUL RACE.
NOTE: CHINAGRAPH / PENCIL / EVEN LIPSTICK or EYE LINE PENCIL HAVE SERVED THE TASK PREVIOUSLY.